What the Shed Looks At

Monday, January 4, 2010

My Vape Quest (part I)

Lately I've been using my free time to research herb vaporizers. I've been interested in this for a few years now, but I could never justify the expense, and most of the models that aren't ripoffs are pretty pricey.

My quest began years ago, I had no idea where to start so I loaded up Google, and typed 'best vaporizers'. Like a creationist self medicating on delusion, I trusted in the sacred black box algorithm stored in the hallowed vaults of a Google data center. The first site http://www.bestvaporizers.com/ seemed legit. The site pointed me towards several high priced units. I had heard of the volcano. I had seen a model in operation in the movie 'Super High Me', however filling a bag with vapor seemed inefficient (condensation), and it reminded me of that scene in the movie 'Kids' where they are huffing nitrous out of balloons. Not to mention it costs like 500+ dollars. The Vapezilla, on the other hand looked cool. It too was expensive, but it won the cannibus cup of 2004 and it had a crazy tube, which I would come to know as a whip, for taking hits like Jabba the Hut.

Thats how Jabba rolls.

This has always been a dream of mine. To have a tube coming out of God knows where to take hits while I sit about sedentary. Fortunately I ceased being interested in vapes before I had a chance to convince myself to buy it.

Having revisited the site in 2009 I noticed it hadn't been updated in four years. Google still had it on the top of the list though. Searching further, I came upon this site: http://www.gotvape.com/ . This site actually sells vaporizers and has a number of reviews on various models. The highest rated unit was the Extreem Vaporizer by Arizer. This is a forced air vaporizer, something that excites the lazyness center of my brain. It uses several fans to blow a hit for you so you never actually have to use real effort to take a drag. It comes with a whip and an attachment to inflate bags like the volcano. It even has a friggen remote control! It costs 300 dollars...



I got as far as putting this monster in a shopping cart and clicking checkout. That was when my sensibility took hold and ordered me to research this shit more before I make a financial fool of myself. I left the enticing allure of GotVape's front page, with the doctor crossing his arms with mild satisfaction.

I decided I was going to look further down Google's list. I eventually found this forum: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/. It was widely regarded as the only place to find non-biased Vaporizer info from people who actually owned and used the units. Actually there are quit a few people who design and build home-made vapes as well as engineers and manufacturers who lurk and post regarding the brands they make. If you are at all serious about buying a vaporizer and want as much information about the products out there before you shell out your cash, this is the site for you.

I'm going to continue my story tomorrow if I have time. Suffice to say I have come to a decision, and made a purchase. I will keep you all posted and let you know how I make out. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive